Recommendations after implantation
- Wait until the end of the anesthesia and only then eat – this way you will avoid injury of the lips.
- Refuse to visit the bathhouse, sauna, gym, pool and solarium for 7 days.
- Do not warm up the area of the extracted tooth and don’t use the compresses.
- Follow a diet during 7 days from the date of the procedure: no hot and spicy food, food with bones, sharp edges, etc.
- Patients should refrain from physical activity during 5-7 days.
- Take all medications that your dentist has prescribed for you.
Normal conditions after implantation are:
- pink color of saliva within 48-72 hours due to light bleeding,
- if your body temperature rises to 37.1-37.5 ℃,
- the little strain in the jaw,
- when the patient feels aching pain in the jaw, in the mouth at the implantation site, headache,
- if tooth sensitivity seems to be increased during 2-4 weeks after implantation,
- the occurrence of hematomas on the face,
- dulled response at the implantation place during a particular period of time after the procedure.
Contact your dentist immediately if:
- the occurrence of bleeding which does not stop during 15 minutes,
- noticeable edema, which greatly complicates the process of opening the mouth and swallowing.
- Unpleasant, long-term pain which does not disappear after taking pain medications,
- body temperature is 38 ℃.