Home » Recommendations after root canal treatment
Recommendations after root canal treatment
- Wait until the end of the anesthesia and only then eat – this way you will avoid injury of the lips.
- When the action of anesthesia ends, the patient may feel pain while biting . You can maintain a satisfactory condition with anti-inflammatory medicine.
- It is necessary to avoid full chewing on the tooth until the painful sensations disappear completely.
- It is recommended to carry out repeated X-ray diagnostics every 6 months during the year.
The normal conditions after tooth extraction are:
- mild nagging pain pain during 24-48 hours after the procedure,
- pain by biting during 1-7 days after treatment.
The patient should immediately contact with the dentist if:
- appeared soft tissues edema of the face or mucous membrane in the area of the treated tooth,
- painful sensations remained during biting 7 days after the procedure.